Please read these rules before submitting your pictures(s) to Travel Photography Contest. These are General Rules governing all contests hosted by Discovered Images, unless so specified in the Specific Rules that may be applicable to individual contests. By participating in the contests, you understand, acknowledge and unconditionally agree to abide by the following Rules:
- You can submit two pictures in any contest. However, pictures need to be uploaded only one at a time.
- Pictures submitted should be no larger than 2MB.
- Uploaded pictures will be displayed on the website only after moderation (admin review). Discovered Images reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted picture.
- Pictures should not have border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the picture.
- Basic editing, including color enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the picture(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the picture(s).
- Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
- Pictures that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practices of India, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
- A participant who submits any such picture may be permanently banned, subject to Discovered Images’s discretion, from participating in any future contests.
- The winner will be selected by Discovered Images Judge(s). In case of any dispute the decision of Discovered Images will be final and binding on all participants in respect to all matters relating to the contest
- Result and the winner will be announced on the website and Discovered Images Facebook page.
- Discovered Images reserves the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. A picture maybe disregarded if this information cannot be provided.
- Prize money will be directly transferred to the winner’s account thru bank transfer facility.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Submitted pictures must be original, created and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- Discovered Images respects photographers’ copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the picture. Upon making the submission, you grant Discovered Images, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, picture, the photographer or for editorial or educational use.
- The Photographer will be credited wherever the picture is used.
- You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge Discovered Images and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the contest or the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and you further waive any claims that you may state or assert against Discovered Images in association with the contest or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the contest even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of Discovered Images, in whole or in part, due to human error or otherwise. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Discovered Images from any claim arising out of your participation in the contest including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that you or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the contest.
- Under no circumstance Discovered Images will be liable for any:
a) lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete submissions
b) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted picture(s);
c) problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
d) incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the pictures and/or the submissions; and/or
e) injury or damage to any participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the contest.
- If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Discovered Images, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, Discovered Images reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest as deemed appropriate, disqualify any participant, and/or select winners from all eligible pictures submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. Discovered Images reserves the right to correct any typo-graphical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.
- The Contest, Your Submission(s) and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian laws. Any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the contest and/or your submission(s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the India courts.